Lace up your hiking boots for the next in Lonely Planet’s highly successful Epic Hikes series, this time exploring 50 of Australia and New Zealand’s most rewarding treks and trails. From the Routeburn Track in New Zealand’s South Island to the Cape to Cape walk in Western Australia’s Leeuwin-Naturaliste National Park, it covers a huge variety of themes and experiences across routes that range from one-day walks to multi-day treks.
Each of the 50 featured hikes includes:
- First-person accounts from writers who have completed the hike
- Challenge level grading: easy / harder / epic
- Inspirational photography, maps and practical information to follow in the writer's footsteps
- Orientation toolkit: when is the best time of year to hike, how to get there, special equipment required
- Expert travel advice: where to stay, recommended tours, the best places to eat
- Suggestions for similar hikes
Whether you're a seasoned hiker or a novice embarking on your very first trek, Epic Hikes of Australia and New Zealand will inspire a lifetime of adventures on foot.
Published: August 2022